Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Round 2

It is amazing how the same medicine can cause such different reactions.. The chemo treatment actually went better this round. I didn't have any of the itching reactions but my legs and bladder had such a resstless leg syndrome reaction. Then about an hour before we finishd, I started getting soooo tired. By the time we left, I hardly had any strength left in my legs and felt so weak.

I came right home and went straight to bed. You know those days when your legs are so weak that walking up your stairs is a feat?

Well, that is today. I feel very drained, weak, tired and have an extremely bad headache....so crazy to think that Monday I was able to run 4 miles and then worked out again yesterday to my favoirte Jillian Michaels workout.....I don't think that will be happening anytime soon....bummer. Just a little FYI...when I work out, the area of my cancer hurts quite a bit. Yes, I know that I could just not work out, but the mental boost it gives me is worth the pain and pain meds I need then that day. I kept asking Ryan if it was hurting because the cancer was spreading and he kept assuring me that was not the case. I asked Dr. Beck about it today and she said, "No way. If the cancer was spreading, I wouldn't be able to workout at all." She felt around and thinks that I still have my blood clot in my arm and that is the source of the pain while working out. I will be having another CT to see if that is the case...I think that scan is next week, but I can't remember right now;)

Dr. Beck then said that it is good that I workout. It may help move that clot along to have the blood trying to pump through there. So I take that as good news. She did say that the more treatments I have the harder it will be to workout. I tried running on the treadmill last week and was able to walk/run 3 miles, but very difficult. This weeks run I actually ran all 4 miles, so I was a little bummed to go back in for chemo and know that it would knock me back on my butt again. It is crazy how hard it is for me to get my breathing right while running and how much it makes my bones ache to the core...but I still love it....I love the feel of a run:)

No comments:

Post a Comment