What a fun experience that was:) Seriously, when did they make this video...late 70s? Then, could they have found weirder people? I think not! And to top it off, I don't think one person in the video was under the age of 50. Plus the video kept saying..."You will have to ask your doctor about your specific case. No 2 people are alike." What a waste of time....in my opinion;)
I know young people experience cancer, but I've yet to see any. No lie! I have not seen anyone in any doctors office that I've been to anywhere close to my age. As of now, I'm not thinking I'll be joining a support group.
I didn't feel like I learned anymore than what my two chemo friends already told me:)
So here it is in high level......
1. Chemo is not the enemy (which is true...and I didn't think of it as the friend), chemo is what will make me better.
2. They have come out with amazing drugs to help fight nausea, so I shouldn't be too sick.
3. The meds I will be taking should actually make me.....GAIN WEIGHT!! Just what I wanted to hear. I have been looking for a weight gaining program. I will get to retain water and enjoy the steroids;)
4. I'm suppose to eat a high lean protein diet and a high calorie diet.....the day just keeps getting better....too tired to work out and I get to eat more calories! But she did say...it takes a lot of calories and energy to build healthy cells...so I guess I can see her point.
5. Between day 7 and 19 of each cycle, I will be at my weakest immune function during that time. My platelets will be very low.....SO....be careful!!
6. They lose MORE patients to secondary infections than cancer.....which means....I must be vigilant in hand washing and anyone who comes around me needs to as well. I cannot be around anyone that is sick.....SO PLEASE...pray that my little kids stay healthy this next 6 months!!
7. If I get a fever of 100.4, I must call them immediately!
8. I should lose my hair in 10-21 days.
That's about it. T minus 2 days and counting:)
No comments:
Post a Comment