I had my one week follow up with Dr. Beck on Wednesday afternoon. During the appointment I was so happy to report that I was doing so well. I wasn't taking any pain medicine, my side effects were minimal and all was going well. They told me that my white blood cells are a little low, so to be careful with infections and germs. My body must not have liked that answer.
That night about 11:30 I could tell I was starting to get achy. I got up and decided to take some tylenol to help with the achyness. I'm not sure what my body did, but holy CRAP, my body started to reel in pain. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I was pretty much paralyzed with pain. I crawled over to Ryan and just started crying saying that I haven't been in this much pain in a long time...since I dilated to a 10 with Abbey or passed my kidney stone. I told Ryan that I either need an epidural or a morphine drip right away, the only problem, I didn't dare take any percoset since I had just taken tylenol.
So for the next hour I laid there in some of the most intense pain that I really can't describe. I started worrying that I was getting an infection and my body was reacting, but no fever came.
Poor Ryan, he tried so hard to distract me. He tried to talk to me about anything he could think of..about our future cabin that we want, a trip to Hawaii after this is all over, even about his boss traveling during the month of June. It reminded me so much of giving birth and just trying to breathe through the pain. I told Ryan that it literally felt like I had dilated to a 10 and was about to split open...my whole body just ached. All I could do was pray that this pain would subside and go away.
An hour later the pain went away, but I spent the rest of the night somewhere between freezing to death and a cold sweat! I called Dr. Beck the next morning(yesterday) and all they could say was: that is typical and that I could have taken the percoset even though I had just had tylenol. Thanks for that bit of encouragement:)
Then all day yesterday my body just ached. I'm not sure if it was a continuation of the night before or just because...but WOW...not fun. I truly have a new appreciation for people who live in constant pain...my heart goes out to them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment