I finally spoke with Dr. Beck. She did call last night, but I have been so dang busy until now.
Good news...no cancer in the bone marrow...if there was I would be a stage 4...so yea for that!!
I am in stage 2..which means it has spread to more than one area. It is currently in my neck and behind my chest wall and of course in the arm pit.
They are going to have me start chemo on the 4th, the sooner the better. I asked Dr. Beck if she had any guess on how long I have had this...she said I've probably had this for only a couple of months at the most. It's weird to think I've only had this a short time and already at stage 2!
My treatments will be on Wednesday, with two weeks off in between. It does freak me out a little to think that they are giving you such potent drugs, you need two weeks to recover in between. They keep saying the purpose of chemo is to take your body as close to death as they can get you without actually killing you....so WEIRD!!!
I feel so much more calm now. Knowledge is power and I like having a little power:)
No comments:
Post a Comment