Easter Sunday. What a perfect day to think of Christ and know that He died for me. He loved me enough to suffer all that he did. That Christ and Heavenly Father care for everyone and want only the best for us. We so often hear how God speaks to us through others...boy is that so true.
Everyone keeps telling me that they will pray for me and I am grateful, but I have struggled with that. The other day I was expressing to Ryan my fear...does it really make a difference if people pray for me? Will it really matter if my name is on the temple prayer roll and if people fast for me? If God wants me to die, no amount of prayer and fasting can change that. I haven't been able to get that thought out of my mind.
Then today in sacrament the speaker was saying how she had written her talk and as she drove to church today, she felt inspired that something more needed to be said. She then proceeded to say that a year or so ago, she had been diagnosed with cancer. She talked about her worries and how her cancer experience. But the one message she gave that spoke straight to me was this....God does hear and answer prayers. She could feel the power that came from the prayers offered in her behalf and having her name put on the temple prayer roll with many praying for her made such a difference. As I listened to her deliver this message, tears ran down my cheek as I realized Heavenly Father was speaking directly to me. Prayers DO matter! Prayers can change His mind and the faith of those offering them will help me through this time. I am so grateful, once again, that God knows me. He knows my thoughts and knows my fears. And He loves me so much, He spoke to me through someone else.
I also spoke with our good friend Aaron, who himself, is just finishing his chemotherapy treatment (and YES he has BEAT it!!). And do you know what Aaron and his girlfriend(my step-sister)Madeline said?? They ABSOLUTELY felt the power of people praying for him. And they said the weeks that his name wasn't on the prayer roll were his hardest times of chemotherapy.
So for all of you who have said you will pray for me....PLEASE DO!! I truly believe it does and will make a difference. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU in advance for all of your prayers...I am grateful!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment