Relay for Life was last Friday night. I am so excited that my sister and her family were able to be here for this event. All of my family came out to support this amazing cause...Thank you FAMILY! Not only that, but I want to thank my friends who were also willing to come and support me and Jamie in the cause to raise money for the fight on cancer. Brent, Amy, Cathy, Tiffany, Tania, Jeremy, Rachel, Lauren...thank you, thank you, thank you! Our team was able to raise just over $1000, which was our goal.
These kids were amazing...Skyler, Ashley, and Trevor walked a total of 12 miles for the cause. They had an assigned shift of 12 midnight to 1 am, but they started walking at 7, and didn't really stop until 1 (with just a few breaks). Nathan hung with them as much as they would let him, but even my little Nathan was up walking at 1:00 am:
That night, they lit the path with luminaries for those who are fighting cancer or who have lost the battle to cancer. We were talking about that and Nathan says: "Everyday I think about you dying from cancer and I'm afraid...I don't want to be left with just dad." While the last part kind of made me laugh, it sure made me stop and think about what my little kids must be dealing with and the fears that they have. I reassured Nathan that I would beat this and he has nothing to worry about. I did ask him why he doesn't want to be left with dad....."because he would make us work to much!" Not sure if that is a good or bad reason, but it is his:)
Here is a shot of the kids at the booth. We sold cupcakes, shirts, water and beads to help our teams total money donated.
The cupcakes and my cute little niece, Olivia:
Here are the girls from my family.....left to right....Abbey, Me, McKenna, Ashley C, Nicole, Ashley B, Brooke, Jamie, Mom, and Tracey
More pics of the evening:

I really need to be better about taking pictures. I relied on my sister for every picture, so these are her work. Thank you Nicole for taking photos for me. And thanks again to EVERYONE who donated money for this wonderful cause(it is what is keeping me alive) and for those willing to come out and walk(beginning at 7:00 pm and going until 8:00 am)...every lap that you walked you received a bead...our team came in 2nd...way to go!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment