Thursday, July 21, 2011

Status Update

Today is day 9 post chemo. I usually have all my energy back by this point and I am on my way to feeling better. I actually felt like I was doing better this round than the others. I thought because I choose to wait an extra week my body had more time to heal.

First of all, I am so glad that I chose to wait until my family all left. I was able to enjoy being with them and I did feel miserable, like usual, so I am grateful they were not here for that.

That being said, I felt that most mornings I had some energy, I would try to enjoy that and then by noon it was gone for the day. Not a big deal. But Sunday night I started to feel worse than I had felt the whole time. Monday, Ryan came home for lunch and I was felt so sick. He called Brooke and took the 3 little kids to her (Skyler is at scout camp). I then slept from 1 until 6:15. And I was not close to rested.

Tuesday I felt the same way. I ended up calling Ashley at noon and asking her to take my kids and I then slept from 12:30 to 4. I just keep feeling worse and worse.

The last 2 day Nathan had been complaining of a "cankers" in his mouth and needed medicine. Finally Tuesday night I looked in his mouth to see his "canker" and his throat was ALL red. Great, I bet he and I have a sore throat, which would explain my throat hurting so much.

Wednesday I took Nathan to his doctor and yep...he has strep throat! I called my doctor and explained my symptoms and the fact that my son has it....and sure enough, I have strep. I have never had strep before, so I didn't know what it felt like. But serious headache, serious sore throat and I am assuming because I have a weak immune system, sleeping non stop must be my bodies way to protect itself and fight this. I cried the whole way home from the doctor, because I am so done. So done with not feeling well. I called Ryan and he came home to watch the kids. My mom also came home to take them out of the house for a couple of hours.

I feel so bad for my 3 little ones. They have got to be so tired of seeing mom lay around all day and night. They have watched WAY to much tv. I am just grateful for my family who comes to my rescue or my kids would be completely melted to the tv by now. I know what you are thinking, have them go play at friends..I do try to have them play, but I swear, every time I call someone to have them come there, no one is home....what is it summer time?!? And since I have my families cell phone numbers....I can reach them even if they aren't home and I don't feel as guilty asking them to drag my kids along with them;)

Now I am on medicine. My doctor says I should feel better from strep in a couple of days....a couple of days...sounds so close and yet so far away.

One last note, I am meeting with the radiologist on the 29th of July to map my cancer and to start treatment for radiation. I think I will be starting that process the 1st week of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment