Friday, June 3, 2011

I Made It

Yes, it is true. I have survived round 2 of Chemo. Many days I questioned if I would...but alas, I did:) I was reading my last few blogs and realized I was quite the complainer. But today....today is so much better! I finally started having normal bouts of energy yesterday and I think today will be far better. Not only that.......RYAN GETS HOME TODAY!!! What a great day!!

During this last week I kept thinking of a quote/talk by Richard G. Scott that I relied heavily on during my time of infertility. I kept trying to find the quote with no success. Well this months Ensign arrived and sure enough, someone used the quote in their message. The quote reads: "Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doeses applied simultaneously. When those trial are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding and compassion, which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain."

I have always loved that quote because it is so true. Trials do require discomfort and pain and we never (or maybe deep down never) willingly ask for pain and discomfort. Elder Scott says to not ask "WHY", but "WHAT" am I to learn. Honestly, I've already learned so much I don't really have to ask the question WHY. I just keep asking, what more do I need to learn. I was telling my friend that every person needs to have the experience of someone telling them they might die....like those songs say...live like you were dying, if today was your last day, etc.....it really makes you step back and truly discover what really does matter in life...and surprisingly enough....it isn't the things we spend most of our time worrying about, shocking I know, but most things really don't matter.

And what song was on American Idol last week??? Live Like You Were Dying. I loved this, so if you want to watch here it is...



Anyway....A radio station I listen to once in a while has a dj on that makes me laugh with some of the questions or statements he makes. The other day this was his statement, "I know that we are told we will never be tried more than we are able to handle....I just wish the Lord didn't trust me so much." I had quite the laugh and had to agree with him as well:)

I know I sound like a broken record, but I AM SO GRATEFUL for all help, love, and support of everyone!! I know that there are so many out there praying for me that I am not even aware of. Also, the teachers and parents from my boys school are unreal!! I have been so touched by the efforts these families have made to help me feel loved and supported...thank you to all of you who have so generously help our family!! So from the bottom of my heart....THANK YOU TO EVERYONE

No comments:

Post a Comment