Friday, June 24, 2011

Careful What You Wish For...

Can anyone tell me why the saying, "Be Careful what you wish for, You just might get it," only applies to the not so good wishes? Although I would say at the time the wish is being made, any wish is a good wish. RIGHT?

How many times have I wished for a million dollars, all the evil in the world to go away, or kids that NEVER argue? Many times, I assure you. But those have yet to happen.

I can vividly remember having MANY, MANY times of wishing that I didn't have to do my hair today. I am so sick of hair, I wish it would go away. WELL 2 months later....I would give ANYTHING to have to do my hair today and to have hair that I keep finding everywhere. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

I have wished many times that I would be able to spend a week in bed with absolutely nothing to do. Well, I got that to. But I am so sick of being in bed, I could scream. Trust me when I tell you, being in bed for a week is NOT what I thought it would be. I maybe should have added the stipulations....I want to be in bed....with no chores, no sickness, ability to get out and shop whenever I want, ability to eat anything I want without getting sick, and ability to say I'm done with this whenever I want. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it:)

I have to wonder, the people who wish to win the lottery and win it...would they make this same statement???

1 comment:

  1. I love your post, your a great writer and such a deep thinker. I am always thinking about you and your family. Hope your trying to have a good summer. Lesha

    ReplyDelete