I would qualify today like a Saturday long run....I really don't want to do it, but it is absolutely necessary to be able to get to the end result...having the cancer all gone. I just wish it was a long run...training for a marathon. I just realized that the Utah Valley Marathon was last weekend....the marathon I was planning on running. And this weekend is Ragnar...the most fun run ever. Next year....next year:)
I am here for my 3rd round of chemo. We met with Dr. Beck this morning and she gave us our results. My PET scan showed GREAT improvement on my cancer. I still have some cancer activity so we will be doing one more round of chemo:( Blah....oh well, I would much rather do one more round then have the caner come back and have to start over.
So my question is.....my sister is coming to town from Arkansas and will be here on the week of my last treatment.....do I put it off until she is gone, so we can hang out more or do I just go with the scheduled date and miss the last 3 days of her family being here?? I am leaning towards putting it off....I don't want to be sick and waste any time while they are here. I'll have to figure it out.
This morning the nurses were trying to get my iv started and they had to try a couple of times. The 2nd try my vein started to collapse and I almost passed out. They kept me from going, but it was close. I guess my veins do not like the intrusion and my body doesn't want to cooperate. My nurse said she remembered my veins from last time and was kind of expecting this.
I have to start the predisone again today....kind of funny....a couple of days ago I must have been acting mad, because one of my twins says:"Have you started your mad medicine again" So funny because it has never made me mad (in my opinion), just emtional and weepy. Yes, boys, today I start my mad medicine:)
So here is to round 3.....The one positive about this round....Ryan will be home for the whole thing and only 1 more to go!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment