I had my 2nd pet scan yesterday. That is such a fun process. I got there at 8:20 and left at 11:15. 3 hours....REALLY?!? I seriously do not enjoy having that scan done. To top that off, I didn't even want to have it. I've decided that I don't want to see the results...I'm a little nervous that it won't be the answers we are wanting. Ryan always tells me that cannot be possible, I am doing so well, I have to be getting better. Yet I have that fear in the back of my mind all the time.
The night before my scan, Nathan got in trouble by Ryan and came to me for consoling.....that next morning while I was lying on the Scan table, I once again had a lot of time to just think....never good:) I decided that I really don't want to die....because Ryan is the most wonderful father ever......but he is a terrible mother! He is just not coddling and loving like me:) I just do not want my kids to not have a mother. I definitely understand why everyone needs a mother and a father...we each have our own strengths (and weaknesses) to give to our kids.
Anyway, no results yet. I imagine I'll hear by next Wednesday when I go back in for Chemo, unless I make the effort to track down the answers.....and I'm not sure I want to make that effort.
Your observation about most husbands being terrible mothers just really hit home. It made me stop trying to turn my husband into a mother and just be grateful that he is a fabulous father and pray that our kids will have both of us for - forever. That has happened with several of your insights. Thank you so much for sharing so much with everyone.
ReplyDelete