Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mapping for Radiation

Last week I had to go and get my mapping for radiation completed. This process involves lying on a pad that is on a table. They put my arms and hands in the exact position that they want me in and then they made the mold of how they want me to lay during radiation. They then marked up my body to where the lines need to match up and then they tattood me. Yep..I now have 5 little tattoos!! And those little tatoos hurt like crazy. I will NEVER go and get a real tattoo...I am too big of a wimp. The process took about an hour and I now start radiation this week...in fact I start tomorrow.

They have me scheduled for 20 appointments at this point. But pending the results of the PET Scan I can have more or less...here's hoping for less:)

No comments:

Post a Comment