Tuesday, August 9, 2011

3.2 Today

I have been so fortunate that between each round of chemo, I have had enough energy by day 15 or 16 that I have managed to go for somewhat of a run. I only go about 2 and half miles total. I am usually able to run the first mile without stopping, but the second mile is a struggle. I always get so frustrated, but I know what I use to be capable of and now, I cannot even come close. Everytime I went out it was for a 6 mile run. Once in a while I would only go 4, but never less and I could do it so quickly.

I have to keep telling myself that my body has been through a lot, and I must be patient, but it is still pretty hard. Today was the first time, since April, that I was able to run the entire time and I went 3.2 miles! I was so happy to think I made it. Now, by the time I got to the 3.2, I thought I would fall over and pass out, but I made it!! I hope that it gets better going forward...however...with radiation starting tomorrow, I'm not too sure about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment