I am so excited to think that I have finished all of my cancer treatments. It is crazy to me to think that this all began in April and is finally over. April seems so long ago and yet, just like yesterday.
When my doctor told me that I was finished after 18 treatments (instead of the 20 I thought I would have), I was pretty overcome with emotion. I didn't realize how much stress this was on me and what a burden I was carrying. But when she said this is finished, the emotions came and I realized that it was done. I have beaten cancer!!
I am so grateful for the support and strength of everyone. From all the prayers that were said in my families behalf, to the meals brought over, the treats given over the months, EVERY offer to help me with my kids, and each word of encouragement through this or facebook, has truly meant so much to me! I'll never be able to express my appreciation for all the love and concern.
I was so amazed that my kids stayed healthy through all of this. My last week of radiation, when all is about said and done, two of my kids got sick. It was just another sign to me that God blessed my family and protected us during this trial in our lives. Thank you to all of you who prayed that my kids would stay healthy...it worked!!
Now it's time for my hair to grow back...which it has started to do....and to get strong and healthy and START RUNNING full time!!:)
I will probably post pictures of my hair growth now and then...I plan to print this off as my journal and I'll want pictures of that. But other than that, I'm not sure how often I'll update this blog anymore.
Thank you again to all who have support me and my family through this trial in our lives.....now my prayer is that it NEVER returns....once in a lifetime is enough:)
No comments:
Post a Comment